For want of a better title: Losing my religion

For want of a better title

Tall and Tan and oh so Sexy, the boy *not* from Ipanema goes walking by...

Monday, May 02, 2005

Losing my religion

Ha ha... Actually not really, but I am losing my accent. I tried to switch into Singlish by myself last night. you know to bursh up before I came home. I mean I haven't been home since last october, and I only spent a week for my best bud's wedding. Which of course involved me hanging out with americans and brits, so not much singlish. I really am scared to lose my singlish. I don't want to be a poseur. I'm one of you honest... (truth!) Don't cry for me Singapore, the truth is I never left you, all through my wild days, my mad ambition...(ed: ever scratch your nails on a blackboard, his singing is like that)

To Vamp jie, what do you mean my trip was boring. we were picking up a new car, not burning a barn. Heh... Anyway All I can say is what happened in LA and Cancun stay in those cities. No way those are coming out. As for being sucked let "talk" about that when I get home. (ed: erm...)

Also if you my loyal minions *ahem* readers check out her comments on my last post, you'll see what this little bunny has to face all the time. All these women throwing themselves on me. I mean seriously how can I resist. I mean I try, but seriously so tempting no... Makes you all goo goo and want to be mr. nice. But I'm not Mr. Nice...

Talking about Mr. Nice, most of us know that there are two schools of thought when it comes to men and women. there's mr.nice and mr.bad boy. I'd like to argue, like I always do when it comes to theory, that the best path is a synthesis. Ok so I'm breaking the code of the Circle, by revealing a few of our secrets... If you're a girl LEAVE NOW... Ha ha ha... Like you will anyway, nothing I will reveal here will be too surprising for any of you...

Let's talk about a bar scene shall we gentlemen... So you're in a bar and there are all these women and men. Some women and men are better looking than others, this we all know. Let's say you're trying to get laid tonight. And you have some standards, who do you go for? This is what this little bunny does, finds the drunk, loud and obnoxious one. Make friends with her and her pals... then single in on the one that looks like she's being ignored thanks to her friend's antics. Because all the guys are definetely going to warm up to the gregarious one, not the quiet one who's keeping an eye on her friend. The only problem is you may not be able to take her home that night. Unless it's only two of them, then you could offer to be a gentleman and help her and her friend home. Works for me... always gets me phone numbers at least.

That's all for now though... We'll talk about what happens when we meet a big group out for the night. Remember just be cocky and funny. Women smell fear like dogs. It's ok to tease and be a little insulting. I think I'm defientely growing into it. It takes some time, but I also realise if you go in knowing you can come out with nothing and still smell like roses, you'll be fine. If you keep hoping it, it'll never happen. Take my word for it. This little bunny has been there and done that.

I haven't lost my accent. I talked to my mum and dad today [hi mom.] without a hitch. But I realised some words were different, sigh i guess i need to adjust my pronunciation. Talk with dad went well, we talked like men, then mum and I had a heated talk. I know she's worried about me, but I also think sometimes she thinks too much into it. In the end I had to explain to her that I love home, but if i can't find a job there, too bad, I'll go where the money is. Sigh... Some relationships just don't change, we just get more mature and deal with it in more rational terms. Talked to my sis too, she's turning out to be a fine young lady with a good head on. Her rebellious youth is more or less over. But we'll see...

Heh... yeah so you know that I can keep an accent, it's just that with strangers sometimes I slip in and out. Sigh... dun want people to think I have a fake accent or i'm trying to put on airs... Ok until the next time folks...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home