For want of a better title: Pissed off before Mothers' Day

For want of a better title

Tall and Tan and oh so Sexy, the boy *not* from Ipanema goes walking by...

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Pissed off before Mothers' Day

Ok so my mum's been really pissing me off [hi mom. stop pissing me off] I suppose I'm a failure by singapore standards. You know I'm only graduating cum laude

cum laude, nothing great

I've only been inducted into the Berthoff History Honorary

yeah just a crummy honorary

Honoured by the school for my services to my CCA

just a free dinner

And then honoured by my fraternity for my excellence in education, which of course should be easy since we're all fraternity boys anyway

just a free dinner

So of course this little bunny isn't as great as those other folks who go on to get jobs and work for companies. I'm just going back to school which is only ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the US, unlike the top 3 world class universities in Singapore. I mean afterall I only studied in the no 11 uni here in the US, while I'm going to the no 86 on the undergraduate scale. Because departmental strength means nothing at the graduate level. Sure it's not Harvard, Georgetown or even George Washington, but it's better than NUS if you ask me.

This wabbit is angry like hell... Also makes me want to never return to home. At least here I am honoured for my work, back home I'll never amount to anything since I didn't go to the "recognised name" schools. Same reasons why I passed up on ACS to stay in Cat. High [hi mom. got to stay loyal to dad's alma mater]. If you really want I can get a job at P&G or Peter Mayer, I know the VP at P&G and the Prez at Peter Mayer. Then suddenly I'll be like some potential good catch to all the Singaporean girls because I'm an executive at a big firm. Working in the US some more. Jeez...

Stop nagging me about my future, I'll go where I go... It's been my dream to serve my country, but if I can't then too bad... Like Confucius and Sun Zi I'll take my talents to another country that will recognise it. I don't care if I end up in South Africa, Russia or Lebanon. As long as my talents are recognised and duly rewarded.

Sorry about this rant, but my mum really pisses me off. She keeps bringing these things up and it sure as hell makes my blood boil. At least my dad is cool. He's all about me just graduating and getting on with my life. I do want to try for a PhD but I figure I should just go get a job at a big US firm and make them happy. Save up, try to get a merit award to do my PhD... Sigh... Need to be a US PR to open up some extra doors for grants.

Oh well until next time my little followers... Try to have a good time and not let your mums piss you off...

2 Comments:

  • At 5/04/2005 7:29 AM, Blogger alley said…

    heh*
    i like mother's day
    it reminds me that i still have a heart and a will to hate.

    steady~

     
  • At 5/12/2005 6:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    heh. i know what you mean. seems like it's mothers who know exactly which buttons to press. perhaps her motivation is to keep up with the joneses? well at least that's my mother's excuse.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home