For want of a better title: Afternoon Quickie

For want of a better title

Tall and Tan and oh so Sexy, the boy *not* from Ipanema goes walking by...

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Afternoon Quickie

Hello duckies! Just finished eating my mum's marvelous curry [hi mom. thanks for making the curry]. And watching Drumline. For those of you who have not watched it, GO! i've seen it twice. Makes me want to play an instrument (but alas I cannot, poor left hand). I actually get the jokes so much better now. You know having picked up the culture. And also learning more about African American culture. I don't speak ebonics, but i think I have a slight understanding of how it works. At least Black Middle Class culture. I didn't hang out in the ghetto.

Talking about that in Nelly's latest video for the movie, The Longest Yard, I saw U City emblazzoned on the back. I actually knew what he meant. U City represent! STL represent! He actually grew up near my university, hence University City (U City). He films his music videos in Saint Louis, well some of them. Which causes minor inconveniences for this little bunny when he tries to go to get Uncle Bill's (I love that place, i'll miss it, sob sob).

Also one more thing I forgot to say about last night. All the flashes. I felt like I was at the Oscars. With everyone just flashing away. Except of course I was the B list star who was heaading for the upper seats at the auditorium. Heh... you know the one who'll only get noticed if he starts dating an A list star (Ms Nicole Kidman I'm still waiting for a call from you). Man I was almost completely blinded (ed: he exaggerates) and my semi-secret identity has been blown. mr brown did me in (next time we'll get a bottle of hard liqour and you can drink it all in one sitting). I mean of all people mr brown. Why couldn't it be someone more obscure like... erm... like... erm... yeah... right...

Okay, off to watch girls run by me in touch rugby. Should bring the deck chair. =P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home