For want of a better title: croix et épée

For want of a better title

Tall and Tan and oh so Sexy, the boy *not* from Ipanema goes walking by...

Thursday, June 23, 2005

croix et épée

My plan for today:
(1) Go in search of great grandfather's grave
(2) Maybe visit Bukit Cahndu
(3) Maybe visit Kranji War Memorial
(4) Maybe visit Changi Memorial
(5) Eat at some point
(6) Go to Hideout

Also I kept thinking of the Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear from Frank Herbert's Dune saga and I found it:

I must not fear
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass
Over me and through me.
And when it has gone past
I will turn the inner eye
To see its path.
Where the fear has gone
There will be nothing.
Only I will remain....

I also stumbled upon a blogger's version of it:

I must not fear blogging;
Fear is the mind-killer.
I will face my fear.
I will permit my fear to pass over me and through me.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing;
Only the blog will remain.

Hope all of you have a fantastic day! Remember Fear is the mind-killer.

"Yea though I walk through the valley of death, I will fear no evil: for Thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me." Psalm 23:4
Yeah Buddy!

3 Comments:

  • At 6/23/2005 1:23 AM, Blogger BeeNuts said…

    The only real prison is fear, and the only real freedom is freedom from fear."

    - Aung San Sun KY

     
  • At 6/23/2005 1:32 AM, Blogger Postmaster-General said…

    Why yes. Thank you. As FDR put it:"So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself—nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance."

     
  • At 6/23/2005 1:47 PM, Blogger jettykey said…

    fear blogging? In what way? Fear that you can't stop it? Tell me more.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home