For want of a better title: Crop Circles

For want of a better title

Tall and Tan and oh so Sexy, the boy *not* from Ipanema goes walking by...

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Crop Circles

I feel like crap right now. Like serious crap. Like someone ate too much curry, drank a gallon of beer, ate papaya and had to take a shit, kind of crap (note: I did not do any of these last night)(ed: yup. I can vouch for him)(truth!).

Why do I feel like crap? I dunno. Because I do. Maybe it's because all my friends have gone home. Maybe it's because I'm a little under the weather. Maybe it's because I feel fat. Maybe it's because I'm bored. I really don't know why there's this sucky feeling inside.

Ever had that feeling? You know, like a big black hole in you. Just keeps sucking and sucking. And you feel like a used 5cent whistle? Well I do...

Anyway driving in Singapore is so confusing. Had to ask dad directions from home to Anderson Road. Of course dad's phone would die on me, so had to call mum. And of course my dad always repeats everything I say over the phone. So of course my mum would say: "Why is he going to Anderson Road?" and dad would say:"We're actually at Anderson Road visiting a friend." I know which friend too. Heh... In my head I was like: "Oh no. Don't tell me they're going to wait for me and see what I'm up to." [hi mom. I was going to meet the mother of my unborn child. Happy?] (ed: actually he was just meeting a friend of a friend from the US)

Dinner went well. Second time I was at the Raffle Bar and Billiard Room. And then the young lady and I went upstairs to the Long Bar. To listen to a band we both agree was suitable for a wedding or a bar mitzvah. It was also funny because I had forgotten to ask her if she kept kosher, luckily the buffet had lox (salmon) and other non-porky type food. So from now on, S and I will be going to Muslim food stalls. =)

I also notice I get way too many stares when I was with S. Ok so I'm taking an American girl around, what's the big deal? So what if I'm an SPG (Sarong Party Guy?) (ed: actually he's an equal opportunity dater)? All those looks... jeez... You'd think the Drama Queen (sister's car that I use) would get more looks than me with a woman.

Thinking about it, I remembered a conversation me and MF had a long time ago. We both agreed as greeks, it was way more helpful to marry/date other greeks. The theory was that non-greeks can never quite understand the things we'd do for our fraternities/sororities. I remember trying to explain to mr brown what exactly it is, but the best I could do was a networking organisation. But it is so much greater than that. Sure I can get to go to the Indy 500 box seats, but that's not the point (but I love rubbing that in to all car fans out there). Like last night, S and I spent a good 1/2 hour just talking about our greek systems at our colleges. We also agreed that columbia men suck. Heh... (get ready to be flamed like a bitch in heat).

Listening to Twenty Something by Jamie Cullum. Sounds like my f**king life right now.

Twentysomething

After years of expensive education
A car full of books and anticipation
I'm an expert on Shakespeare and that's a hell of a lot
But the world don't need scholars as much as I thought
Maybe I'll go travelling for a year
Finding myself, or start a career
Could work for the poor, though I'm hungry for fame
We all seem so different but we're just the same
Maybe I'll go to the gym, so I don't get fat
Aren't things more easy, with a tight six pack
Who knows the answers, who do you trust
I can't even seperate love from lust
Maybe I'll move back home and pay off my loans
Working nine to five, answering phones
But don't make me live for Friday nights
Drinking eight pints and getting in fights
Maybe I'll just fall in love
That could solve it all
Philosophers say that that's enough
There surely must be more
Love ain't the answer, nor is work
The truth elludes me so much it hurts
But I'm still having fun and I guess that's the key
I'm a twentysomething and I'll keep being me


I love that song. It's my anthem for now. It feels like it right now. Nothing is quite there or not there. Everyone else I know is more or less certain. I feel like a rudderless ship just sailing on...

Also, Mr Miyagi got his own column. Wow... what next? Me writing for the Stooge *ahem* Straits Times? Oh the places we will go... =P

Ok off to feel sorry for myself again. Take care everyone.

1 Comments:

  • At 6/22/2005 8:39 PM, Anonymous HellsBel said…

    Hang in there. The comforting news - thirty somethings are just as screwy except with other issues. I swear.

    Limbo is always going to be part of our lives and this simply means that we have to take stock every now and then.

    Talk. Write. Blog. Those all help me, at least, to figure some parts out.

    C ya Sunday. Bring your friend along if she is interested.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home