For want of a better title: Just because...

For want of a better title

Tall and Tan and oh so Sexy, the boy *not* from Ipanema goes walking by...

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Just because...

So I joined a gym here in Singapore. Just for a month folks... I've heard all sorts of things about gyms here... I guess it's good my first gym experience was in Saint Louis.

I actually like the gym I joined up at. But the staff is extremely creepy. Not in a bad way. But in a good way. Like the lady who was signing me up was extremely friendly. Like super friendly by Singapore standards. I mean not by gym standards (or my little experience in it), but by Singapore standards. She was even flirting with me a little. Which was a little wierd at first, but who can deny my charms and wit. Even the guy who took the photo for me was extremely friendly. Like smiling at me... creeped out folks... Nice facilities though. And the equipment is great. If I was staying long term I would join full time, but alas, it's only for a month. Looking forward to the Pilates class though (it's good for strenghtening the core, which according to my former PT, mine is weak). I supposed it helped that I spoke in my Ameriglish accent, and I was accompanied by my American friend. Heh... We'll see how I'm treated when my buddy goes home.

Also driving my sister's car gets me loads of stares. Her car is about as girly as it can get with stuffed dogs in the front, a bobble head on the dash, zebra print cushions and a huge sign announcing to the world that she is, indeed, a drama queen. I got so many looks. Two police women on bikes gave me the once over twice just to be sure it was a dude driving the car. Taxi uncles give me stars. Lorry uncles give me stares. Even chicks in nice small dinky cars give me stares. I think it's funny. My sis was surprised I didn't take down the sign. I don't see the need.

Bloggers' SG is moving along smoothly. I realised if I went I have to fake my identity in case the government sends agents. i mean the NHB posts on Tomorrow. Creepy....

Batman Begins is out and I'm looking forward to it. I love batman. He's my fav hero... I think Green Lantern comes a close second (Kyle, not Hal).

Also Lancerlord has links to the 4th Harry Potter movie trailer... not whoopie for me, but seeing as how I am a Dungeons and Dragons fan, this is a must see. Ask me any question on all sorts of myths and I have a ready answer. Try me.

Bought the Mr and Mrs Smith OST. Wonderful. Absolutely wonderful. =)

Black-eyed Peas also not bad, but the OST wins out by 200 billion points. =P

Ok off to hunt down Miyagi. Sources (like my divine goddess, not telling you who) tell me he's holding court at Hideout tonight. Hand me my hunting rifle jeeves, it's off to bag me a prize hunt... Watch out mb, you're next on the list. =P

2 Comments:

  • At 6/15/2005 2:14 PM, Anonymous VampTreSS said…

    Hello darling!

    I'm terribly sorry bout the bad timin..

    I'm keepin next wk free for u, so let me noe..

     
  • At 6/16/2005 12:02 AM, Anonymous HellsBel said…

    your goddess huh? in greek mythology there are oodles of them just flirting.. i mean floating around.. pray tell which do you worship?

    Gut instincts tell me tt if Miyagi is near, mb is not far..... almost siamese twins - n'est ce pas?

    on other news - i'm excited. company blog post! :P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home