For want of a better title: dieses ist das Ende mein Freund

For want of a better title

Tall and Tan and oh so Sexy, the boy *not* from Ipanema goes walking by...

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

dieses ist das Ende mein Freund

Ok firstly via a friend who does not want to be revealed. Xanga makes a good point why the East is cool. Honestly nothing good comes out of the West. So take that all you West side people. East is best. We've got culture, we've got beaches and we've got cool people. Plus I live in the East. 1000 points for the East. I must warn you a little brutal and honest. So if you're the Politically Correct type or the supremely left wing bleeding heart type, STAY AWAY from the post.

Saw Neil Gaiman. So many hot female fans. Wow. Makes me want to write deep philosophical and also mythical stuff. Gosh darn it! He got to it first. Also got interviewed. Unfortunately I had 5 seconds to prep and so I think I sounded like an idiot. Could have come up with a better answer. Bought tons of books from Kino. Heh... And I got YOU what YOU wanted. Here's a reading list (in no particular order):

1. The Economist July 2nd - 8th
2. Foreign Policy July/August 2005 (must renew subscription in the US)
3. The Social Contract by J.J. Rousseau (ISBN 0-141-01888-7)
4. Lucifer trade paperback 8 (I love my comics)
5. Either/Or by Soren Kierkegaard (ISBN 0-140-44577-3)
6. A Treatise of Human Nature by David Hume (ISBN 0-14-043244-2)
7. The Future of Freedom by Fareed Zakaria (ISBN 0-393-32487-7)
8. Freakonomics by Steven Levitt and Stephen Dubner (ISBN 0-06-073132-X)

Plenty of things to keep me occupied for now.

Talking about books, here is a list of books you should read in college and a list of most dangerous books in the past two centuries. (via Imprezzions)

For those with short attention spans I have taken the liberty to summarize.

10 books you should read in college are (drumroll)...

1. The Bible (read that one)
2. The Federalist Papers by Alexander Hamilton, John Jay, and James Madison (ditto)
3. Democracy in America by Alexis de Tocqueville (read snippets)
4. The Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri (not yet)
5. The Republic by Plato (snippets)
6. The Politics by Aristotle (nope)
7a. Nicomachaean Ethics by Aristotle (nope)
7b. City of God by St. Augustine of Hippo (read this one, 7 is tied by the way)
9. Confessions by St. Augustine of Hippo (read this too)
10. Reflections on the Revolution in France by Edmund Burke (nope)

My score: 4/10 plus snippets from 2. Hmmm... Maybe I should go back to college again. Oh wait I am. (ed: ha ha, very funny)

10 most dangerous books in the past two centuries:

1. The Communist Manifesto by Karl Marx and Freidrich Engels (read that)
2. Mein Kampf by Adolf Hitler (i refuse to read this)
3. Quotations from Chairman Mao by Mao Zedong (snippets)
4. The Kinsey Report by Alfred Kinsey (nope, but someday I will)
5. Democracy and Education by John Dewey (nope, don't intend to)
6. Das Kapital by Karl Marx (started, but gave up halfway)
7. The Feminine Mystique by Betty Friedan (nope)
8. The Course of Positive Philosophy by Auguste Comte (nope)
9. Beyond Good and Evil by Freidrich Nietzsche (nope, won't really read it)
10. General Theory of Employment, Interest and Money by John Maynard Keynes (maybe someday)

Score: 1/10 with snippets from 1. So I guess I'm not dangerous. =P So come on down and arrange for a date ladies. [hi mom. I try]

Note: These lists were compiled by a conservative newsletter.

This just in: sis is taking car tomorrow. No car for me. Aaaaarrrggghhhh... I'm so spoilt. (ed: yes you are)

Ms Molly Meek (I love the girl, someday she will be mine, all mine *cue evil laughter*) has a very funny post. i love it. She is so funny. I'm in love i think (ed: don't bandy such words around unless you mean it) Fine. Not in love. She's just so funny though. I had to "tomorrow" her.

Sob sob... Scarlett Ting has gone on a sabbatical. Come back soon my dear. I miss you already.

Went out with Boston Beauty to Dempsey road. Roy was on duty as manager tonight. I like the guy. Mild mannered and soft spoken. I think Boston Beauty was hitting on me, but then again it could just be my desperate-ness (is that even a word?). [hi mom. see what your nagging has done, you've driven me to desperation] (so that's the word. not desperate-ness) I need a "hit-o-meter" so i know when I'm being hit on and when women are just being friendly (ed: go invent one). I think women complain alot about that and I completely understand. I am clueless with these sort of things. So hard to tell sometimes. =P

Off to go visit my alma mater tomorrow. It should be good. But no car... so I guess it's the taxi companies then. Unless i try to drive manual. Not that I don't know how. Just that I haven't done so in 6 years and it's a mercedes too. Big and chunky. Aaaahhhh... Taxi it is. (this means I can also drink like a mofo and not worry about sobriety checks)

Hope your cramps get better sis. I'm glad I'm a guy and i don't have to go through that hassle. Also i get to pee standing up. but i can only orgasm 3 times in a night (on average anyway, and not that I had to... ask me how many times i did it one night if you ever meet me) =(

Decided not to shave my moustache today. Just shaved the bottom. Wonder how it'll turn out. I do look like my dad when he was my age, only fatter. (yes i have many chins my 3 sexy sirens)

The bed awaits. Time to snooze. Must be up in 7 1/2 hours. Correction 8 1/2 hours. (one benefit of not going to school/work is i get to determine what time i wake up) =P

6 Comments:

  • At 7/05/2005 7:53 PM, Blogger Jaschocolate said…

    sleep and sleep and sleep.. you are a pig.. :p

     
  • At 7/05/2005 11:19 PM, Anonymous FF said…

    5,000,000 points for the West. Because Ting and I live there.

    Oh, and we have Holland V - another 10,000,000 points.

     
  • At 7/05/2005 11:23 PM, Blogger Postmaster-General said…

    ok... 10,000,000 points for East Coast, 1,000,000 for Changi Beach, 5,000,000 for Changi Village, 3,000,000 for Pasir Ris, 5,000,000 for Siglap, 1,000,000 for Simpang Bedok, 10,000,000 for Bedok Hawker Centre, 1,000,000 for Marine Parade, 3,000,000 for Joo Chiat, 10,000,000 for Geylang (food and prostitutes), 5,000,000 for SingPost headquarters (no mail you all will be without your Ikea Catalogues), 5,000,000 for Tampines... Do I need to go on...

     
  • At 7/06/2005 1:04 AM, Blogger Jaschocolate said…

    I also live in the West so one million times the number you give for East is West's score.. still win u what.. wahaha

     
  • At 7/06/2005 1:20 AM, Anonymous FF said…

    Yeah choco! Postmaster, the number of East points multiplied by infinity.

    We win.

    Erm. Whatever.

     
  • At 7/06/2005 7:23 AM, Blogger Postmaster-General said…

    Infinty plus 1 for the East. You suck engineer girl. My infinity is bigger than your infinity

     

Post a Comment

<< Home