For want of a better title: You know it's for you

For want of a better title

Tall and Tan and oh so Sexy, the boy *not* from Ipanema goes walking by...

Friday, July 08, 2005

You know it's for you

Her voice was like a Siren's call,
Like a moth to the flame I am drawn to her.
I try to pull away,
But each time I get sucked right back.

The sight of her face,
The smell of her hair.
Those doeful eyes,
That precious smile.

Every time I step away from the brink,
I'm brought right back to face the abyss.
Each time I tell myself no,
Another part of me screams yes.

This union cannot be,
Father Time would not favour Lady Luck.
Like Romeo and Juliet,
Just without the poison and fueding families.

And yet I dream of her,
Those alluring looks.
I think of her,
my Helen, my Aphrodite.

Luck picked my lot for me,
and Love handed me a lemon.
Yet I still go on,
pinning for my Siren.

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home