For want of a better title: Factory Crashers

For want of a better title

Tall and Tan and oh so Sexy, the boy *not* from Ipanema goes walking by...

Friday, August 05, 2005

Factory Crashers

Last night I did a two movie marathon with my lady love. It's only my second with cinemas. That last time was 1998 after Prelim exams at Cathay Cineleisure. We started with 4 people and by the 3rd movie there was 2. Heh...

Charlie and the Chocolate factory is amazing. The story deviates quite a bit, but not bad. The ending is a little sloppy and too happy happy joy joy, but Johnny Depp is once again amzing. I mean he stills the show even from the Oompa Loompas and the trained squirrels. No one beats Mr Depp when it comes to making flims. Charlies and the Glass Elevator next?

Wedding Crashers proved to be a rather silly movie in the beginning and then it just runs out in the middles. Especially when love come into it. I mean Anchorman was funny because it never stopped being silly. Or Harold and Kumar. They're funny because they kept sticking to the same theme. The one good thing about Wedding Crashers is that they reveal all the tricks which men use, and not only at weddings. These can be used when visiting another city, or for the more adventerous, in your own city. The key is not to get into a long term relationship. It's for one night stands.

I suppose another good thing is it really highlights the power of a good wingman. I mean Vince Vaughn's character stays on to help Owen Wilson get the girl he wants, despite hating the situation. I mean that's what good wingmen do. We stick it out. We dance with the hideously deformed friend so our buddy can get to the really hot one. Some men are just too selfish, cockblocking their friends throughout the night. Seriously, work in teams. Nature intended it so. Ever notice how most mammals live in groups. And those that do tend to be highly intelligent. Just look out the window, humans work in groups. Even in mating. So give it a try.

As such I have decided to compile a list of Wingman Rules. I will post it someday, maybe... Or I will pass it on to my worthy disciples. You all know who you are... You've learnt at my feet. And now you are spread across the world, applying the things you've learnt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home