For want of a better title: le eh ai si ong or how i grew to love second-hand smoke

For want of a better title

Tall and Tan and oh so Sexy, the boy *not* from Ipanema goes walking by...

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

le eh ai si ong or how i grew to love second-hand smoke

WARNING: Mushy Post Alert, read at your own risk. Pregnant mothers, people with heart condition and silly wabbits should consult your physician before consuming.

Parting is such sweet sorrow, or something like that. Who really knows what Billy Shakes-a-spear wrote. But indeed it is. As my time in Singapoop comes to a temporary end, I feel sweet sorrow in having to say fare thee well to my lady love.

The last time I was in a constant smoke filled environment was when my dad and his mahjong kakis used to play all saturday in the attic, where my toys were. That was 1990 I think. The last year they played. The good thing is that when they won big, I would get presents the next time round. =)

Similiarly now the benefits far outwieght the costs. I keep telling my lady love that she needs to take care, because odds are I'm going first. I mean statistically men die a few years earlier (we choose to die earlier to get time off from nagging) and since we're the same age the likelihood of her becoming a widow is higher. Heh... Not to worry I'll get life insurance... =P

It's not easy to find that someone who despite all your obvious flaws and their apparent shortcomings still fulfill each other. My lady love fills in the areas of my life that are lacking, and I hope I do the same for her.

She is my voice of practicality where my dreamy nature cannot comprehend. She is the yin to my yang. She is the reason to my anger, the patience to my haste. She knows how to handle me, as I do her.

The good part is experience I suppose, we both know the traps and pitfalls ahead, and we strive to avoid it. I'm sure this relationship will be an adventure and it's so hard to believe it's been one month. Hopefully I will get to be even mushier after a year. =P

2 Comments:

  • At 8/10/2005 10:39 PM, Blogger alley said…

    * hair standing on its ends *

    erm... thinking about gettng married already aren't we ? heh*

    gotten the rings yet ?
    gotten the speech done yet ?
    gotten the routine planned yet ?

    You guys declaring your undying love online is making me jealous...
    darnit.

    i demand more of it !!!

     
  • At 8/11/2005 1:13 PM, Anonymous denise (your temporary housemate) said…

    have a safe journey, ya? take care and see you in december!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home