For want of a better title: Onds Ef Ehe Tarth

For want of a better title

Tall and Tan and oh so Sexy, the boy *not* from Ipanema goes walking by...

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Onds Ef Ehe Tarth

So I just watched Justice League on Cartoon Network. Here are a few things I think are kind of funny about American cable viewing.

As I was watching justice league at 10.30pm Eastern, there was a commerical for Life Insurance for people between the ages of 45 to 75. Here it doesn't make sense to me. At 10.30pm most kids are asleep getting ready for school the next day. So parents wouldn't be watching it with their kids. Teens may be watching it, but that usually means that parents aren't around. I suppose "young adults" my age watch it (ME! ME!) but we're still under 45... Very small audience really.

Also I think commercials here are funny. The Bacardi one is amusing. The Red Stripe commercial is so laid back, just as you would expect the Jamaicans would be. Sam Adams' commercial was by far better than Carlsberg's commercial (I've spoken about this biatch, go check it out) The commercial was that Sam Adams Light won some beer award in Germany... and there wasn't a light beer category. I mean that's like saying you're the best without coming out and saying it. Now that's good.

Talking about alcohol, people complain about the high alcohol tax, but it's still lower than Singpoopoo. So I'm drinking up. Heh... More beer all around...

Also Family Guy, Simpsons and all the more adult cartoons are great. I'm going to miss them all when I move back to Singapore for good. All so sanitised in Singapoop. Nothing funny there. It seems like even humor is toned down. So sad...

Looking forward to school. You know fun fun fun... Nice to know that you're in the 8th best school in the country. Heh... It was hard to tell, considering that until this year there wasn't a definitive list of good International Affairs graduate programs.

Well off to shower and bed. Nice to be back to a life that i'm used to. The heat is like Singapore, but the TV and News is way better. =P

2 Comments:

  • At 8/29/2005 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If we're so poopy and hot, then stay there la.

     
  • At 8/29/2005 9:44 PM, Blogger The Screwy Skeptic said…

    The Simpsons and Family Guy are the shiznit. So is Home Movies. Oh and I just got a Stewie track jacket from Hot Topic, finally.

    And wait, can't you get, like, international cable in Singapore or something?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home