For want of a better title: The Gordian Knot

For want of a better title

Tall and Tan and oh so Sexy, the boy *not* from Ipanema goes walking by...

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The Gordian Knot

So the past few weeks have been kind of interesting. I've gotten mail from all these places in Missouri that remind to renew this or that. The DMV sent me a reminder to renew my plates, and AAA Midwest reminded me to update my membership. Of course I have DC tags and an AAA Mid-Atlantic membership. Oh and I had to pay Missouri taxes for a 2005. Silly, ain't it?

I'm still getting mail form like my old address. Which probably belongs to some kid now. Heh... I wonder which kid it is. Most likely a Greek who stays in the Houses. I hope not one fo thsoe SGH or Millbrook kids (for those who do not understand what I said, it's ok, most people don't)(ed: not even you sometimes)

I miss stuff about Saint Louis. Like the places I used to go. Oh and I also miss the friends i've made, but we've all left St Louis (well most of us anyway).

DC is nice, but it's jsut not the same. Saint Louis is like my second home. It took me in and made me feel right at home. For all its flaws it is my home away from home. DC kinda just tolerates me. It probably can't wait to be rid of me. But old Saint Louis is like an old friend who waits expectantly for me. Just ready to welcome me and sit down for a couple of drinks.

And in another year and a half I'll be gone from the US. I don;t know for how long or if i'll ever be back again for a long stay. Hmmm... So strange... Having to do all the end of stay stuff. Closing accounts... Cancelling subscriptions... It will probably feel so strange...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home