For want of a better title: Crack Monkey

For want of a better title

Tall and Tan and oh so Sexy, the boy *not* from Ipanema goes walking by...

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Crack Monkey

So Curious George the movie is out. I have a stuffed George. We've been best buds since the day i was born. We're as thick as thieves. I love that monkey. My dad has photos of me and George on my birthday every year until I moved to the US. Heh... Then Georgie couldn't get a visa (something about Ebola) and he had to stay in Singapore.

Anyway what's the point of telling you this? None whatsoever. It's my blog... there doesn't need to be a point. I could talk about how the golden pheasant ate the bejeweled devil. You wouldn't know what I'm talking about, but you'd have to accept it. It's my blog and I can cry if I want to.

Cry wolf that is. The morale of that story is that you can only tell a lie once. Not that you can't lie. Just have to make up new ones. I kid...

Which leads me to On Bullshit by Harry Frankfurt. Bullshit is better than lying. Lying means you know the truth and try to subvert it. Bullshitting is that you don't even care about the truth. You're just bullshitting. What's more impressive is that you can get published for talking about bullshit basically. And that you can be tenured in philosophy to talk about bullshit. I want a job like that too.

Talking about Bullshit, i love this show on the discovery channel. Mike Rowe is fantastic. I mean he's willing to do all these jobs. I love the show. It's great.

Ok... that's the end of the randomness (ed: is there ever really an end?) Yeah Buddy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home